carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium turnips or 1 medium
rutabaga, peeled and cut into small chunks
parsnip, peeled and cut into small chunks
3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons
- Prepare vegetables as noted and place them in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutues or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain well.
- Add salt, pepper and butter and mash well.
- Serve as a vegetable with your meal.
- This is also very good the next day, re-heated.
- Parsnips are available in different sizes. Measured across the top of the parsnips, Small - about 1 inch, Medium - about 1 1/2 inches, Large - about 2 inches.