lean ground beef
2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes
taco seasoning mix
( low sodium ok)
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chili peppers
2 (15 ounce) cans
shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups
1/2 cup chopped green onions or 1/2 cup
1 (5 ounce) cans
sliced black olives
jalapeno, chopped and seeded
1 (13 ounce) bags golden tortilla chips or 1 (13 ounce) bags
regular tortilla chips
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Brown ground beef.
- Stir in water, taco seasoning, chilies, jalapeño pepper, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spread refried beans in bottom of baking dish and top with beef mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven sprinkle with cheese tomato, onions and olives.
- Arrange 18-20 tortilla chips around edges of baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, guacamole or fresh salsa.
- Serve with remaining chips.