For the Cake
1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
( I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food)
1 1/3 cups
nabisco Oreo cookies, crushed
( may use gingersnap crumbs if it goes with your cake)
pepperidge farm milano cookies
( or suitable oval shaped butter cookies)
1 1/2-2 cups
prepared vanilla frosting
( or other suitable flavor)
1 -4 package
cake decorating gel
( green, black, orange or brown, etc, as needed)
( or pumpkin-shaped candy)
1/4 cup harvest colored sprinkles or 1/4 cup
colored crystal sugar
( orange, green, yellow, etc)
laboratory decorative candies
( chocolate candy foil-wrapped like eyeballs, ears, lips, body parts, etc)
ghost-shaped peeps marshmallows
( may also use cats or pumpkins)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cake mix, water, oil, and eggs according to package directions.
- If your package requires different ingredients to make cake, follow those instructions instead.
- Grease and flour a glass 13x9-inch cake pan.
- If you use a dark or coated pan, do your baking at 325°F.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for approx 35 minutes (38-40 minutes for dark or coated pans) or until cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan.
- Spread frosting evenly on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle frosting with crumbled cookies (oreos or whatever you are using).
- Using gel frostings, write sayings on 1/2 of the milano cookies (some sayings might be"Justin Tyme","Yul B Next","RIP","M T Tomb","Will B Back","Barry M Deep", etc).
- Press 1/2 of cookie down into cake and icing to resemble a standing tombstone.
- Arrange ghost marshmallows in a standing position on top of cake.
- Scatter candies and/or sprinkles or sugars on cake to garnish.