chorizo sausages, skinnned,chopped
onion, chopped finely
red capsicum, cored,seeded,chopped finely
green capsicum, cored,seeded,chopped finely
tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
eggs, beaten lightly
salt and pepper
fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
4 -6 slices
country bread, toasted to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan.
- Add the onion and red and green capsicums, cooking until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan.
- Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours.
- Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Season the eggs with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly beat,add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness (not too firm though as they will continue to cook).
- Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
- Serve with hot toast.