1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
( we prefer half white, half wheat)
1 (6 ounce) cans
1/2 cup red wine or 1/2 cup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon
1 -2 tablespoon
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water (I add a pinch of sugar) and allow to set until it begins to foam, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, oil and half of flour. Gradually add remaining flour, mixing well.
- Knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and let rise until double (1/2-1 hour) Punch down and let rise again until double. Punch down and divide. Pat out on two pizza pans.
- Top with pizza sauce & toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Pizza Sauce: Mix all ingredients together, blending well. (You can also add a few sprinkles of garlic powder if you want).
- Makes enough for two 12- or14-inch pizzas or one thick 16-inch pizza.
- Top with meats, cheese and other toppings.
- To freeze, prepared pizza method: double wrap and freeze the prepared pizza (without baking it) on the pizza pan. Unwrap and bake the frozen pizza at 400Â°F for about 22 minutes.
- Alternative freezing method: after first punch down of dough, divide dough and place in a zip-loc bag and place in the freezer. To prepare, remove from freezer and place in a greased bowl. The dough will take about 8-10 hours to thaw and raise slightly. Pat out on grease pizza pan and proceed as directed above. I also freeze half the sauce in a small container for future use.