Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deviled eggs, Cajun-style
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt-free cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- black pepper
- minced fresh Italian parsley or chives, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the mashed yolks and mayonnaise; stir in the mustard.
- Stir in the Cajun seasoning and Tabasco; taste, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the whites evenly with the mixture; garnish with parsley; chill a few hours before serving.
These were very good. I meant to add some jalapenos but forgot. Next time. I used Cajun Seasoning Mix for the cajun mix and it was great! Made for Think Pink Event 2009.
I halved the recipe, and they turned out great. I did cheat a little and I added some diced up "sugared jalapenos" to a few of the eggs. Loved the recipe! Made for Think Pink!
These are incredible little morsels ratherbeswimmin'. My dh was in heaven. He asked me to make these again. He also asked if we could add them to the menu for our thanksgiving dinner. They are a lovely surprise, full of heat and flavors. I garnished the eggs with parsley and a little paprika. Thank you for sharing your tasty recipe. Made for Think Pink :)