1/4 Photos of Zydeco Green Beans
Haricots verts are very slender French green beans. You can substitute other young, tender, very thin green beans. Dill heads are the matured tops of dill that contain the seeds. Use jalapeño chilies for a milder version or serrano for a spicier version. Use caution when handling fresh chilies, being careful not to touch face or eyes and washing carefully afterward.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into each of six sterile pint mason jars, put 1 sliced garlic clove and 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
- 2Pack beans vertically into jar, adding 1 to 2 chilies, and, if you like, dill.
- 3In a nonreactive saucepan, bring vinegar, water and salt to a boil.
- 4Pour hot liquid over beans, covering them completely.
- 5Close jars and refrigerate at least one month before eating.
- 6Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zydeco Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (2529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar