Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Compete Round the World Cookbook. This can be served hot or cold.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add onions and saute until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt and vinegar and mix well.
I made this and served it hot on top of steak sandwich's. Even DH who is a non onion lover said that they smelled so good that he wanted a sample. I shared mine with him (after taking the pic). I used slightly less vinegar than ask and they came out with a delicious and mild onion flavor. Thanks for this one Choc :D.