Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Authentic recipe from south western Germany. Great fall meal with a glass of new wine.
Make and share this Zwiebelkuchen recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cook bacon over medium high heat until cooked through. Remove bacon strips and add sliced onions to hot pan. While onions cook over medium heat, cut bacon strips into small pieces.
- Once sliced, add bacon back to pan and continue cooking until onions are soft and fragrant.
- Allow onions and bacon to cool.
- Beat eggs and combine with sour cream, parsley, cheese, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Fill rolled dough with onions and bacon. Pour the egg cream mixture over the onions and bacon. Bake at 400ºF for 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.