1/1 Photo of Zwieback
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is an adopted recipe. Original intro: "Traditional Russian-Mennonite double buns: buns with a little knob or mini-bun on top." (Thanks Zenith/Cornelia)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and sugar; let rise.
- 2Scald milk and allow to cool.
- 3In a large bowl, combine milk, butter, yeast and salt.
- 4Beat in enough flour to make a stiff batter.
- 5Add more flour to make a smooth soft dough.
- 6Knead well.
- 7Cover and let rise until dough doubles in bulk.
- 8Form buns the size of a large walnut.
- 9Place a smaller bun on top of a larger one, and press down firmly with one finger so that the two stick together.
- 10Place on a greased pan.
- 11Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- 12Bake in 350 F oven for about 15-20 minutes.
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zwieback
Serving Size: 1 (1602 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g