This is an adopted recipe. Original intro: "Traditional Russian-Mennonite double buns: buns with a little knob or mini-bun on top." (Thanks Zenith/Cornelia)
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and sugar; let rise.
- Scald milk and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, butter, yeast and salt.
- Beat in enough flour to make a stiff batter.
- Add more flour to make a smooth soft dough.
- Knead well.
- Cover and let rise until dough doubles in bulk.
- Form buns the size of a large walnut.
- Place a smaller bun on top of a larger one, and press down firmly with one finger so that the two stick together.
- Place on a greased pan.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in 350 F oven for about 15-20 minutes.