The Zwicker Inn was a very popular Inn on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. This recipe is one of the richest, most delicious seafood chowders I have ever tasted. Not your usual seafood chowder! This is seafood chowder for company! Can be doubled. Cooking time is an estimate, dicing and parboiling the potatoes is the hardest part of this recipe.
- Parboil potatoes 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Fry onion in butter until transparent.
- Add thyme, celery salt.
- In large pot heat up heavy cream slowly.
- poach haddock and scollops in heavy cream. (do not allow to boil).
- Add sour cream to frying pan with celery salt, thyme and onion.
- stir sour cream mixture into cream/fish in pot.
- Add milk,potatoes and lobster to pot.
- Continue to heat on medium until heated through.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with paprika for a nice color.
- Serve with fresh hot rolls.
- Don't be afraid to use whatever seafood you have or can get. I very often add shrimp(at poaching stage), if I can't get lobster, etc. As long as the overall amount of seafood remains the same.