Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A frozen Italian dessert that is gluten-free if you check the chocolate used is suitable. This recipe uses uncooked egg-whites. Zuzu can be frozen for up to 2 days. This recipe requires at least 3 hours in the freezer before it can be eaten.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated chocolate or 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, for decoration
- Separate eggs and reserve the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then gradually add the sugar and beat for a further minute.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until creamy.
- Pour into 4 dessert bowls or glasses and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Serve frozen decorated with either grated chocolate or chocolate sauce.