Recipe by hkcurry
I found this in an old cookbook in my cupboard. There are a lot of ingredients, but the cooking process seems pretty simple. I haven't tried it yet, but definately plan to when I get a dutch oven.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cubed beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 onions, finally chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces noodles, any variety
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, saute beef and onions until brown.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, paprika, salt, dill weed, Worchestshire, onion, water, caraway seeds, boullion and garlic powder.
- Simmer 3 hours.
- During last 15 minutes of cooking, prepare noodles as directed on package.
- Drain noodles and add butter, pepper, dry mustard and basil.
- Mix well.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve mixture over the noodles.