Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT 7. Not sure about the cooking time, it doesn't seem long enough. Haven't made this one yet. You could use premade pastry and save some time.
- 200 g flour
- 70 g butter, unsalted
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml ice water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 75 g almonds, ground
- 75 g hazelnuts, ground
- 1 egg
- cinnamon, ground
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g apples, grated
- 800 g apples, peeled and halved
- 100 g raspberry jam
- In a food processor place the flour, salt and butter. Blitz until butter just combined. Add water and vinegar with motor running until the pastry just comes together.
- Turn out on lightly floured bench and gently mounld into a disk. Place in fridge for 30mins.
- Roll out and line a 24 cm wide flan ring with the pastry.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling 1 together and spread on the base of the flan ring.
- Cover the filling with the thinly sliced apple halves (allowing space for the jam to penetrate). Use half the jam to spread over the sliced apples.
- Cook for 10 minutes in a hot oven, 200°C.
- Remove from the oven and cover the apples with the remaining raspberry jam and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.