Posted for ZWT 7. Not sure about the cooking time, it doesn't seem long enough. Haven't made this one yet. You could use premade pastry and save some time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g apples, peeled and halved
- 100 g raspberry jam
- 1In a food processor place the flour, salt and butter. Blitz until butter just combined. Add water and vinegar with motor running until the pastry just comes together.
- 2Turn out on lightly floured bench and gently mounld into a disk. Place in fridge for 30mins.
- 3Roll out and line a 24 cm wide flan ring with the pastry.
- 4Mix the ingredients for the filling 1 together and spread on the base of the flan ring.
- 5Cover the filling with the thinly sliced apple halves (allowing space for the jam to penetrate). Use half the jam to spread over the sliced apples.
- 6Cook for 10 minutes in a hot oven, 200°C.
- 7Remove from the oven and cover the apples with the remaining raspberry jam and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zurich Vicarage Tart
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 133.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 7.7 g