1/2 Photos of Zupse Bread Swiss Bread
4 hrs 50 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Not bread alone, 1st Baptist Church Rochester, 1999
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the yeast to one cup of the scalded, cooled milk to proof.
- 2Mix the butter, sugar, salt and flour together.
- 3Beat the egg and add to the remaining milk.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the milk/egg mixture.
- 5Mix well; add milk/yeast mixture.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Turn out of bowl and knead until no longer sticky.
- 8Replace in bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled.
- 9Punch down and let rise again until doubled.
- 10While dough is rising for the second time, preheat oven to 375°F.
- 11Form into loaves on a greased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake for approximately 35 minutes or bread sounds hollow when thumped.
- 13During the last ten minutes of baking, brush with an egg wash for a dark golden crust.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zupse Bread Swiss Bread
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 1028.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g