Recipe by VegInTexas
This is a delicious soup my grandmother used to make. It is Polish for "soup of nothing" because it is made entirely of veggies. Very good, and very inexpensive. Great for winter!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 3 large new potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 7 cups water
- 5 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 5 whole allspice
- 2 pinches thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to stock pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and celery.
- Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes (or until tender).
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Add all veggies and spices.
- Cook about 30-45 minutes until all veggies are soft.
- In small pan, melt butter and slowly add flour and stir until golden brown. Slowly add some of the broth from your soup and stir to make a roux. Add this mixture to the soup and either mash with a potato masher OR for a smoother, creamier soup use an immersion blender.