Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Italian potato and sausage soup is my version of Olive Gardens soup recipe. It's to die for on a cold day with a great bottle of wine!
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 quart water
- 29 ounces chicken stock
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeded and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk, dissolved w/ a bit of water
- Brown and drain turkey sausage (rinse if you wish) and set aside.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes then add garlic and cook additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add remainder of ingredients except Kale and powdered milk.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add Kale and powdered milk solution and simmer additional 5 minutes.
This is VERY good. Very close to the real thing. The only real difference is in the more water consistancy then the original. The only changes I would make to the recipe is a little less potatoes (2 lbs is more then enough), a little more stock (2 cups perhaps), and salt to taste. 5 Stars!