Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love going to Olive Garden and eating their Zuppa Toscana soup. I recently found a recipe for Zuppa Toscana and now I make it at home. This recipe is easy and very delicious.
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups kale, washed, dried and shredded
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Layer the sausage links onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
- Remove bacon and crumble. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1 minute. Add chicken base or bouillon, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale, and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.