Recipe by lhbishop
Olive Garden lovers... you'll recognize this one. Spicy sausage, russet potatoes, and cavolo greens in a light creamy broth.
Top Review by YaYa Sis
Loved this soup I think it is the exact replica of the Olive Gardens'. I was a little hesitant to use pepper flakes in addition to the hot Italian sausage, but found it was a definite must to achive the right flavor. Served with facassia toasted and topped with Parm. Thanks.
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 5 1⁄2 cups broth
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the stock and cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice the unpeeled potato into 1/4-inch slices, then quarter the slices and add them to the soup.
- Add the kale.
- Grill or sauté the sausage. When cooked and cooled, cut the sausage in an angle about 1/2-inch thick. Add the sausage to the soup.
- Add the spices and let the soup simmer for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally.