1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Potatoes, spinach, and sausage make this soup AMAZING! Great for leftovers also. I'm guessing on number of servings and prep and cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic powder)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach (optional) or 2 cups kale (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- 1Cook potatoes in water with chicken bouillon cubes until potatoes are done.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft, add spinach or kale to onion and garlic if using. Wilt greens.
- 3To chicken broth, add black pepper, parsley, red pepper, sausage, and mushrooms if using.
- 4Add onions, garlic, and spinach to soup and stir to combine all.
- 5Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Before serving, remove soup from heat and stir in sour cream and parmesan cheese until thickened and combined.
- 7Note: You may use as little or as much spinach or kale as you would like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuppa Toscana Soup
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 972.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g