Recipe by Christineyy!
Potatoes, spinach, and sausage make this soup AMAZING! Great for leftovers also. I'm guessing on number of servings and prep and cooking time.
Top Review by Loves2Cook!
My hubby and I really loved this soup. I put in a ton of spinach that I needed to use up, and used turkey meatballs instead of sausage. I also put in mushrooms. My husband said it was the best soup that I had ever made.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic powder)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach (optional) or 2 cups kale (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in water with chicken bouillon cubes until potatoes are done.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft, add spinach or kale to onion and garlic if using. Wilt greens.
- To chicken broth, add black pepper, parsley, red pepper, sausage, and mushrooms if using.
- Add onions, garlic, and spinach to soup and stir to combine all.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Before serving, remove soup from heat and stir in sour cream and parmesan cheese until thickened and combined.
- Note: You may use as little or as much spinach or kale as you would like.