Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A soup worthy of our Italian heritage. A hearty, soup with Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Kale and a spicy little "kick"!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups kale leaves, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock (or 1 Qt Stock/1 Qt. Water)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, cook ground sausage and pepper flakes, until done. If sausage is in links, remove from casing and crumble, (or thinly slice after cooking).
- Remove sausage from pot and set aside. Drain excess grease.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic to pot and cook over medium heat until onions are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add chicken stock/water, and potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Add sausage, kale and heavy cream.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes, then serve.