Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite soup. This recipe is supposedly from someone who used to work at Olive Garden according to tuscanrecipes.com. This recipe tastes exactly like it does at Olive Garden. I love it! Here for safe keeping, considering I've already lost it once!
- Remove sausage from casings if applicable. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving. Delicious!
Great recipe! It was a major hit with the family! It really does taste just like Olive Garden's soup! I love how easy it was to make too! Will definitely be making this over and over again! I also didn't use heavy cream since it's so expensive. I did the substitute of 3/4 cup milk 1/3 cup butter. It turned out great! Thanks for sharing!
This is the closest to the original that I have found.
We were at Olive Garden a few days ago. My husband and I both had seconds on the Zuppa Toscana! I got home and searched for the recipe, finding a few on Pinterest! Yesterday I made it!<br/>I noticed the inclusion of red pepper flakes which surprised me because neither my husband or I like "hot" food. I decided to cut the amount in half because you can always add more. But hey...it nearly ruined the entire batch. It was so much too spicy for both of us, I had to add two cups more of the cream, which naturally diluted it some. Next time I'll just add a pinch of the flakes, to accomplish the same mildness we enjoyed at OG.