Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A rich and flavorful Italian soup.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 potatoes (russet or Yukon)
- 1 small onion
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook the Italian sausage and bacon according to package directions (I suggest pan frying each).
- Sauté onions in medium pot on medium heat until almost clear, then add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- While onions sauté, boil water, then stir in the bouillon, reduce to simmer.
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes (optionally can leave skins on potatoes).
- Add chicken bouillon and potatoes to the onions, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Wash and chop the spinach to preferred size.
- Stir on the bacon, sausage, spinach, and cream.
- Simmer 4 minutes then serve hot.