Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sausage and Potato soup like at Olive Garden
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
- 2 Brown sausage in your soup pot.
- 3 Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
- 4 Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot.
- 5 Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- 6 Add sausage and bacon.
- 7 Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8 Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 9 Turn to low heat.
- 10 Add kale and cream.
- 11 Heat through and serve.