Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A slimmed down version of the wonderful Olive Garden recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb center-cut bacon, chopped
- 16 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage
- 2 large red potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup whipped low-fat whipping cream
- 4 cups water
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown bacon; drain, set aside.
- Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with parmeasen cheese.