Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So easy, this cheesy Italian comfort food is done in about 20 minutes or so. The key is to use a low-sodium broth since the cheeses are a bit salty together. It's a good choice when there's a light chill in the air but you don't want something too heavy or complicated. It's not exactly low-cholesterol, but it's a delicious treat once in a while!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and rub with garlic.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake about 5 minutes per side, until golden.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Whisk together eggs and Romano cheese, then gradually add this mixture to the boiling broth.
- Stir for a couple of minutes, until egg strands are cooked.
- Add parsley and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, place a garlic bread slice in each bowl.
- Sprinkle some diced mozzarella over bread and ladle hot soup over all.
- The mozzarella will be so melty and gooey!