So easy, this cheesy Italian comfort food is done in about 20 minutes or so. The key is to use a low-sodium broth since the cheeses are a bit salty together. It's a good choice when there's a light chill in the air but you don't want something too heavy or complicated. It's not exactly low-cholesterol, but it's a delicious treat once in a while!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Brush bread slices with olive oil and rub with garlic.
- 3Place on a baking sheet and bake about 5 minutes per side, until golden.
- 4In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- 5Whisk together eggs and Romano cheese, then gradually add this mixture to the boiling broth.
- 6Stir for a couple of minutes, until egg strands are cooked.
- 7Add parsley and black pepper to taste.
- 8To serve, place a garlic bread slice in each bowl.
- 9Sprinkle some diced mozzarella over bread and ladle hot soup over all.
- 10The mozzarella will be so melty and gooey!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuppa Sarda (Sardinian Cheese and Egg Soup with Croutons)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.3
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 253.0 mg
- Sodium 1123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth