Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
A traditional Italian soup for all you clam lovers. Serve with crusty bread to soak "mop" up the sauce.
- 12 clams, in shells (littleneck or cherrystone clams)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove (to taste)
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub clams with a brush, and rinse well to remove sand. Place in a large kettle with ½ cup water, and steam until shells open, about 15 minutes. Remove clams from shells, and strain juice. Set clam juice aside until ready to use.
- Brown garlic in oil about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and parsley. Simmer about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add clam juice and clams. Continue cooking 1 minute longer. Pour over toast and serve immediately.