Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light yet filling soup. Takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Italian pastina or 1 cup ditalini or 1 cup any crushed macaroni
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the pasta and return the broth to a simmer.
- Simmer until the pasta is tender (10 minutes).
- Whisk in the egg and let cook for 1 minute.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese and parsley.
Mine turned out really salty! I was able to save it by adding about 1/4 cup of heavy cream and it turned out delicious! I definitely should've used low-sodium chicken broth.
Simple + yummy = perfect comfort food. My little one is sick and I was looking for a different simple soup recipe. I found this--something I've always made except without the egg (which adds the much needed protein!). This basic can be altered and added to fit many different meals!
Very Yummy, everyone enjoyed this simple soup. Thanks for posting.