1/1 Photo of Zuppa Di Pesce Fish Soup
Raspberry Cordial's Note:
I found this simple and delicious recipe on an online video site. If you wish, you may cook some wagon wheel pasta separately and add it to the finished soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- 28 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 14 ounces water (1/2 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 12 pitted black olives (flatten with side of knife to remove pits)
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets, fresh or frozen cut into large chunks (or haddock or other white fish fillets- may use only 1 pound for economy)
- 1Start garlic in cold pan coated with olive oil. Cook 30 secs over medium heat, then add the onions. Cook 3 minutes until onions are tender.
- 2Add tomatoes and water. Break up tomatoes with a potato masher. Simmer covered 10 minutes.
- 3Add basil, pepper, capers, parsley and olives. Cook covered 10 minutes.
- 4Add cod and cook covered 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 5Serve with Italian bread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuppa Di Pesce Fish Soup
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.7 mg
- Sodium 575.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 43.2 g