A delicious Umbrian soup, taken from italianfoodforever.com and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, Diced
- 3 carrots, Tops Trimmed & Diced
- 3 stalks celery, Diced
- 4 garlic cloves, Peeled & Minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh fava beans, Removed From Pods & Peeled
- 1 1/2 cups cracked farro
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- vegetable broth or water
- grated pecorino cheese or parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a heavy stock pot, heat the olive oil and saute the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 2Add the chopped tomatoes, peas, fava beans, farro, oregano, parsley, and basil.
- 3Add enough water or broth to cover by about 1 to 1 1/2 inches.
- 4Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables and faro are tender adding additional water or broth if needed.
- 5Garnish with grated pecorino or parmesan cheese extra virgin olive oil.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuppa Di Farro Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: