Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
An old family favorite "Soup of the fish"
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 lbs mussels
- 3 lbs calamari
- 2 lbs shrimp (cleaned)
- 2 lbs scallops
- 8 garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley
- olive oil
- 1 lb pasta (Linquini )
- Scrub & clean all shellfish thoroughly. Be especially carefuyl to throw away any clams or mussels that don't close or stay closed.
- Brown garlic in oil in large stock pot.
- place mussels and clams together in the pot, pour in 1 to 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and steam for about 15 minute
- Check to be sure all clams and mussels open if not let cook a little longer. When opened remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover pot tightly.
- simmer for 30 minute check and stir occasionally. Add the clams & mussels back in and stir all together. Serve over linquini. & with fresh Italian bread.
- ****You can also add Lobster or crabs or both if you would like.