Food Around the World: The Cooking of Italy (Time Life)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2heat chicken stock to a simmer and keep on low heat covered untill ready.
- 4in 10 inch Skillet melt butter over low heat.
- 5in it cook bread, turning often, for 4-5 minutes, untill golden brown on each side (you could use toaster if you have one that can handle the thicker bread).
- 6Place 1 slice of bread each into four bowls.
- 7bring 2 inches of water to a simmer in skillet (If you opted to use toaster first melt one tbsp of butter in pan).
- 8Break one egg into a saucer.
- 9hold saucer as close to the water as you can and slide it carefully into the skillet.
- 10Gently lift the white over the yolk with a wodden spoon.
- 11break and cook other three eggs in this fashion - trying to keep them apart.
- 12cook 3-5 minutes depending on firmness desired.
- 13remove with slotted spoon and place one egg on top of each slice of bread in bowl.
- 14sprinkle eggs with cheese and remove soup from heat and pour around it.
- 15serve at once.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuppa Alla Pavese (Chicken Soup W/ Poached Egg)
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.1 mg
- Sodium 584.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.6 g