- 1 fat young jack rabbit
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups corn hominy
- 2 sweet peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 2 medium onions
- 6 carrots, cut up
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the jackrabbit up into serving size pieces.
- Pour the oil into a large kettle or Dutch oven and heat until the oil is smoking slightly.
- Put in the jackrabbit pieces and brown on all sides.
- Now drain off the extra oil.
- Add a little water to the kettle and simmer for 2 hours.
- Then put in the vegetables and simmer until the carrots are done.