Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
from Southwest the Beautiful Cookbook. Sounded interesting and didn't want to lose it.
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb lamb or 1 lb venison or 1 lb goat meat, cubed
- 6 cups water or 6 cups meat broth, divided
- 4 cups corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper, New Mexico if available
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- add green onionbs and saute briefly.
- Stir in meat and 3 cups broth. Simmer about 1 hour, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
- Add remaining broth, chili, corn and salt. Simmer about 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot soup in bowls topped with cilantro.