Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from The African Kitchen.
Make and share this Zulu Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and pepper, and saute until softened and onion is translucent.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, curry powder, tomatoes with juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little water if mixture sticks to pan.
This is great. What a wonderful way to make cabbage and it is definitely not your ordinary cabbage. Very tasty and great flavor. Made for ZWT7 for the Vivacious Violets.
Jazzed up cabbage indeed. This is some spunky cabbage with a whole new flavor profile. Great side that as Parsley said "is easy and inexpensive". It's also very healthy and all of this adds up to 5 stars for me.
Made for ZWT7.
I love cabbage and this was a great way to jazz it up a bit. I made this just as written. I think it's important to use a good quality curry powder for this. This is easy and imexpensive to make as well. Loved it. Thanx!