Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My neighbor presented me with a 2 foot zucchini and this recipe. I am glad that she did. It is so easy to do and I loved the end result. You can serve this cold as well but I prefer it hot.
- 5 cups zucchini, peeled & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken stock
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- Sauté the onion and zucchini in the margarine for approx 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly; process until very smooth.
- Pour back into a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Add the dill, nutmeg and milk. Heat and serve.
This is an OMG recipe! It is comfort food without being artery clogging. I made the recipe as it is shown, didn't change a thing. Wonder, though, how it would be with a little sherry? Thanks for a keeper. Carole in Orlando
A deliciously different soup - quick & easy! I halved the recipe, added the salt at step 2, used 1% milk & served hot. Thanx Bergy - and my thanx to your neighbour too!
Fantastic soup! I used vegetable broth, fresh dill, and real cream instead of milk! The nutmeg really adds that "something" to it as well! Great soup for low-carbers. I had two huge bowls for supper last night and brought a whole jar of it in to the office today. Bergy, this was wonderful!