1/1 Photo of Zuke Pecan Bread
1 hr 20 mins
I found this great Zuke Bread recipe in the Rocky Mountain News, but, it originated in The Uncommon Gourmet Cookbook by Ellen Helman. I've made it many times over the years and have always had good luck with it. I also like to make muffins out of this batter as well. Fill them about 2/3 full and bake about 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Bread or muffins freeze really well. I cut down the prep time by grating and freezing 3 cups of Zuke's in freezer bags and defrosting as I need them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups unpeeled zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour 3 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- 3Beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla together until thick.
- 4Add the zucchini and stir well.
- 5Sift together 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- 6Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture stirring only till blended.
- 7Dust the nuts and raisins with 1 tbs of flour and gently fold into batter.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- 9Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 10Let breads cool in pans for 20 minutes.
- 11Remove to racks to completely cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuke Pecan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2116.3
- Calories from Fat 949
- Total Fat 105.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1343.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 278.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 168.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g