Recipe by John's in the Kitchen!
Another way to use up those big zucchinis...Surprisingly, you can't tell the difference between this and relish made from cucumbers!
Top Review by Boomette
I made the recipe for 1 cup of grated zucchini. I wanted to have only 1 jar. This was so easy to do. I used red bell pepper. It gave such a great color to the relish. The taste is very yummy. Thanks John :) Made for All you can cook buffet
- 5 cups ground zucchini or 5 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups ground onions or 3 cups grated onions
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, grated
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 quart white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard, seed
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Add salt and water, and let stand overnight (refrigerated).
- Next day drain liquid off. Heat vinegar, sugar, mustard and celery seed to boiling. Add vegetable mixture and bring back gently to boil. Reduce heat and cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Follow canning procedure to seal in hot sterilized jars.