Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delisious and healthy muffins
Make and share this Zuke Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350. Spray/line muffin pan.
- 2.) Beat eggs until light any foamy, about 3 minutes.
- 3.) Add sugars, oil/yogurt, and zukes. I didn’t dry off the veggies, and everything turned out fine. Combine with a spatula.
- 4.) Add dry ingredients, continue to combine with your spatula until completely incorporated.
- 5.) Bake for 20 minutes. I used a cookie scoop to portion the muffins, two scoops should fill the individual spaces. Also, instead of making more muffins, I put the remainder of the dough into an 8” square pan—to take to work tomorrow. Do not over bake.
Very light and moist. And did I forget to say tasty? Well they are. Made using Splenda for the sugar, 1 super sized zucchini (about 3 cups) and eggbeaters for the eggs. The cinnamon is the perfect amount. Made half into muffins and the other half in a 9x9 pan as mentioned in the directions, both turned out great. Will make again as was super yummy and 9x9 pan method was such a nice alternative to traditional muffins and bread. Thanks so much for the post.