Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty way to use up that zucchini from the garden.
- 8 -10 baby zucchini or 4 large zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock or 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, grated rind of
- 1⁄2 orange, grated rind of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cook zucchini in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, put all the remaining ingredients, except the corn starch into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Blend the corn starch with 2 teaspoon cold water and add to the sauce.
- Bring to boil, stirring continuously, until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the zucchini and heat gently, shaking the pan to coat them evenly.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve.