A simple but elegant cake from Switzerland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Make the syrup by simmering the water and sugar just until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the kirsch, set aside.
- 4Butter a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- 5Combine eggs and yolks in bowl; mix at high speed; add sugar at low stream until thick and light.
- 6Sift flour and cornstarch.
- 7Using spatula fold into egg mixture.
- 8Add butter to 1 cup of batter.
- 9Fold in remaining batter.
- 10Pour into prepared pan.
- 11Rap pan at once to break up bubbles.
- 12Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and cake springs back up with touch.
- 13Cool in pan for 5 10 minutes then unmold onto a square of parchment paper sprinkled with sugar.
- 14Brush the syrup gently over the entire cake and when cooled dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuger Kirschtorte, Swiss Cake
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 81.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: