This dish was given to me from a co-worker last year. I make it often. It's easy, fast and Delicious. You can serve it over rice, Fettucine or all by itself in a bowl. It's great to cook on your grill in a large chicken fryer (stainless steel of course) or on top of your stove. You must give this a try. Real Comfort Food. Great for a Football game!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs kielbasa (cut into chunks, you can use Hillshire, Smoked or Fresh)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 zucchini (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 yellow squash (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 red peppers (cut into slices or cubed)
- 2 yellow peppers (cut into slices or cubed)
- 2 green peppers (cut into slices or cubed)
- 1 large onion (chopped large)
- 16 ounces frozen corn (leave frozen)
- 1 lb shrimp (pre-cooked is fine more shrimp if you like)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces tomatoes (bits)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or what ever you like)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1Prepare: Vegetables, Shrimp before hand and set aside.
- 2In a large frying pan (18-20" wide is good) heat oil and start cooking the Kielbasa till almost done.
- 3Add vegetables, cook till almost tender.
- 4Add corn, shrimp and tomato sauce and bits.
- 5Cover and saute till Kielbasa is done.
- 6Add spices Especially the Red Pepper Flakes (horseradish is optional).
- 7Stirring frequently to mix all ingredients so the flavors mix well.
- 8After all is tender and done, you can serve over rice, noodles, or eat it just like it is.
- 9This meal is great on the grill too.
- 10You can add a hint of smoke if you like.
- 11Add Kosher Salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuchinni, Kielbasa and Shrimp Dish
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1152.1
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 292.3 mg
- Sodium 3326.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 54.0 g