1/9 Photos of Zuccuash Bake (From Nimz Territory)
Some recipes become so much apart of your cooking that you make them on auto-pilot & don't remember they qualify as real recipes. This is 1 of those for me. -- 20 yrs ago when I lived in Tulsa & still played competitive tournament bridge, there was a yrly tourney in Fort Smith, AR that everyone in the area attended. It was held in the VFW hall & the big attraction was the wives of the vets cooked all the food for an appy nite Fri, sweet treats Sat & a big Sun dinner meal. This impossibly easy-to-make & tasty veggie dish was the *star attraction* & favorite of the Sun meal, even for the diehard meat & potato guys. They were very protective of the exact recipe, so this is my well-tested copycat version. (10 min was allowed for ingredient prep, but cooking may vary & was estimated). *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (can use margarine or olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed & finely minced)
- 1 large zucchini (approx 10-in length, cut lengthways & then cut in 1/2-in half-moon slices)
- 1 large onion (white or yellow type, halved & sliced)
- 1 yellow squash (size relatively = to amt of zucchini & cut to the same size & thickness)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (softened, can use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning salt (more to taste & I have always used more)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly spray a 9-in rd glass pie plate w/cooking spray & set aside.
- 3Over med-heat in a lrg non-stick skillet, melt butter. Add garlic, sliced zucchini + onion & saute for 2 minutes. Then add sliced squash & cont to cook till onion is transparent & veggies start to soften (approx 3-5 min).
- 4Remove from heat. Add cream cheese in sml pieces + lemon pepper seasoning salt to taste, stir gently to fully mix w/veggies & put mixture in the prepared dish.
- 5Combine breadcrumbs w/Parmesan cheese & sprinkle evenly over the top of the veggie mixture. Bake till lightly browned & bubbling (approx 10 min). Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zuccuash Bake (From Nimz Territory)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: