Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very Yummy with the dipping sauce, but great even on their own.
- 2 eggs
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unpeeled zucchini, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (not necessary)
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
For the sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs to combine.
- Crush garlic with salt, and add paste to eggs. Mix again.
- Add zucchini, and parmasan, then stir in enough flour to make a batter of fritter consistency.
- Drop a tbsp batter into hot oil, 5mm deep, turn when golden brown.
- Lower heat if necessary and cook until centres are firm. Serve with the following sauce.
- Finely chop onion, garlic and pepper.
- Cook in a little oil or butter, until transparent.
- Add water and cook for 10 mins or until tender.
- Puree, then press through a sieve.
- Boil down to thicken, if necessary, then season carefully and serve hot.