Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
I tried finding a recipe to get my picky toddler to eat her vegetables. Since I couldn't find a healthy one, I came up with this. Using one cup carrots and one cup zucchini is a nice way to get both the yellow and green veggies into the diet! Any type of nuts, raisins, etc. may be used in the recipe -- whatever is on hand and toddler approved.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
These turned out great! I made LOTS of changes, though!! I used a combo of oat flour, whole wheat flour & wheat bran. Used less Splenda, applesauce (didn't use oil) & yogurt (used vanilla). I didn't even bother with the honey. Instead of zucchini, I had ripe banana to use up, which is why I used less yogurt & applesauce since bananas added moisture. I added some unsweetened coconut, too. They rose nicely & baked well, too. Very moist, too! Will try the zucchini next time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 24 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, yogurt, sugar, honey, and vanilla. Mix the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Fold in the zucchini, carrots, pecans, and raisins. Scoop into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.