Recipe by Chippie1
Absolutely wonderful blend of flavors. Even the 10 year old gave these a try and enjoyed the taste. Prep time includes the soaking of the tomatoes for 30 minutes.
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, dried or 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tomatoes into thin strips.
- Place in a bowl with the warm water and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and stir in the onion.
- Cook over low heat until it softens but does not brown.
- Stir in the garlic, squash,& zucchini.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, their soaking liquid, and the chicken broth.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Raise the heat slightly and cook until the veggies are just tender.
- Serve hot or cold.