Recipe by Recipewrestler
A lovely veggie side dish. Wonderful summer squash blends nicely with onion in this quickie stir-fry.
Top Review by Carolyn in Toronto
This was really delicious. I stir fried the zucchini and squash for about 4 minutes and then added the water and put the lid on for about 2 minutes. It was tender crisp. There's no way I would cook it for 6 to 8 minutes unless you like mush.
- 1 lb small, fresh zucchini
- 1 lb small, fresh crookneck yellow squash
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 teaspoons margarine
- 3 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse zucchini and squash.
- Cut into thin slices, discarding stems and bottoms.
- Slice onion into thin rings.
- Spray a wok or large, covered frying pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, squash and onion.
- Stir-fry for several minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add 3 T water and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until mixture meets your criteria for doneness (We like ours slightly soft, others may prefer either crisp or very soft).