Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a wonderful light, quick and easy veggie dish that pairs beautifully with grilled chicken or fish, -or- you can make a meal of it just add some crusty bread, Parmesan cheese, and a nice bottle of wine -or- serve over penne pasta. May be served hot, warm or at room temperature. Use fresh or dried herbs, as you wish. Enjoy!
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium crookneck yellow squash, sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 dashes onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- coarse ground fresh pepper, to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- In a large skillet (or wok), saute the squash and garlic in olive oil on medium-high heat about 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add herbs and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cook 5 minutes more, or until squash is done.
- Add pinch of sugar and lemon slices; stir well.
- Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.