1/1 Photo of Zucchini & Yellow Squash Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
I made this tonight and just loved it. It is a great way to get rid of some of the abundance of squash in my garden. I must give credit to Paula Deen who is the creator of the recipe. Makes a great side dish in a southern meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups yellow squash, large diced
- 3 cups zucchini, large diced
- vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (recommended Ritz)
House Seasoning (use 1 teaspoon)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Saute the squash in a little vegetable oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Line a colander with a clean tea towel.
- 4Place the cooked squash in the lined colander.
- 5Squeeze excess moisture from the squash. Set aside.
- 6In a medium size skillet, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs.
- 8Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- 9Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini & Yellow Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 19152.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g